History of the Students Book Corporation
In 1912, the Washington State College (WSC) Student Body President, W.J. Kopen, appointed a Cooperative Store Committee to study the feasibility of establishing a student bookstore on the campus. The group approached H.S. Groat, owner of a small pharmacy store located where Wilmer Davis Hall now stands and inquired about buying out his inventory and taking over his lease. This began the development of what we know today as The Bookie.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION